Senior Architectural Project Manager: Education Market
Location - TEXAS
We are a collaborative design firm that specializes in creating environments where people thrive. Our service is effective because of the fresh perspective we bring to each project and the commitment to making our clients successful. We are a company that values our people and believe that through transparency, each member of our team can learn and contribute significantly to the growth and success of Pivot North.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager / Architect to join our team of design professionals. The individual selected for this role will be responsible for the leading education market and other projects in the State of Texas. The position will address immediate needs in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, as well as other areas within the state. Other locations based within Texas may be considered. We are looking for a candidate who offers strong skills and experience in all phases of the design process as well as project administration, specifications, code compliance, client interface, and team leadership. Experience with a variety of project delivery methods is ideal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of staff to complete design and documentation for projects of complex nature. Project sizes vary from small scale interior renovations to full building design and development.
- Lead the coordination of consultants, technical experts, and day-to-day construction administration activities; ensure that all parties are adhering to firm-wide standards and processes; contract documents with consultants and the client; coordinate minute notes and agendas; provide detailed documentation and communication and provide feedback as necessary.
- Balance the interests of both the client and the firm throughout each project’s design and execution.
- Lead/participate in project progress meetings and coordination meetings with contractors, consultants, and designers.
- Maintain a schedule for project progress and work with contractors, owner, and consultants to ensure on-time deliverables that meet the needs of the client.
- Experience periodic travel and work remotely initially.
- Represent the firm effectively through communication and professionalism.
- Report directly to the principals of the firm.
- Become involved in Pivot North’s staff management, planning, and culture.
- Work closely with project coordinator’s on contracts, billing, and expenses.
- Professional Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from a NAAB-accredited university.
- A4LE certification a plus.
- Licensure preferred but not required.
- Experience in K-12 and Higher Education project types preferred.
- High proficiency in Revit, Sketch Up, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships with clients and maintain clear communication through a project’s completion.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to represent the firm professionally to the client and community.
- Proactive, collaborative, and professional work ethic in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proven ability to lead a team of design professionals successfully through a project’s completion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with authorities having jurisdiction or agencies for project approvals.
This individual will work out of Texas as well as remotely as needed. The job will consist of a combination of office time and construction site visits. Site visits may require travel regionally and nationally. The position offered is full-time.
- 4 Weeks paid time off per year (accrual basis)
- Wellness Benefit
- Flexible work hours
- Paid holidays
- Semi-annual bonus structure of up to 10% of base salary
- SIMPLE IRA with company match and immediate vesting
- Healthcare, Vision and Dental insurance coverage with team member premiums paid 100%
- Monday through Friday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative – creative risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with a strong performance culture
- Sustainable — responsible, stable
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused, community
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Send Us Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields