Architectural Professional Level 2
Location - BOISE
Pivot North Architecture is led by an experienced and diverse team with a history of executing projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. Based in Boise, Idaho, Pivot North’s team focuses on providing design services including architecture, programming, planning, interior design and sustainable design. Our experience is diverse in both project size and building type and we are committed to further establishing our business and relationships both locally and regionally.
Our creative process relies heavily on collaboration between the design team, delivery team and all stakeholders. The success of each project lies in our team’s ability to ask the right question and most importantly, listen intently to the answer. Your experiences coupled with our knowledge of design, trends, building codes and the construction industry provide the vehicle to realize your project vision.
Primary Function: We are looking for a motivated individual who is interested in becoming a leader in their field while becoming a valued part of a growing design firm. Working closely with and supporting our team of architects and designers, the team member will be responsible for producing and coordinating project design deliverables for a variety of project types, including but not limited to healthcare, education, residential, multi-family and commercial projects.
This team member is responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions. Performs assignments under direction with limited responsibility for design. Provides professional architectural support in the planning, design, and coordination of large, complex projects. Independently facilitates decisions on significant architectural design problems and methods. Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Accountable: Project Manager/Principal
- Target Utilization Rate: 85%
- Classification: Salary
- Licensing: N/A
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM), prepare and modify architectural documents at the direction of the project designer or more senior design professionals, coordinating design intent and firm standards.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems.
- Prepare construction documents and technical architectural details.
- Coordinate architectural scope elements with those of other disciplines.
- Perform building code and accessibility application research
- Periodic travel
- Represent the studio effectively through communication, personal appearance and professionalism
- Grows in their profession;
- Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Professional Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from a NAAB-accredited university
- 5+ years professional experience
- Integrates Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D design materials for client/project team review.
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with material selection and system research.
- May assist team in the construction administration phase.
- Fosters a commitment to design excellence and client service.
- Basic hand drawing and physical model building skills.
- Proficiency in Design, Problem Solving, Sustainable Design and emerging computer technologies.
- Intermediate knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in Revit, Sketch Up, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in commercial, health care, residential, multi-family, and mixed-use projects
- Ability and desire to work within a fast-paced office
- Strong organizational skills;
- Process-oriented problem-solving skills;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, construction drawings, and specification manuals;
- Ability to effectively balance tasks on several projects at once, each at different phases of design and construction
- Honest, direct and constructive communication
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to represent the firm professionally to the client and community
Benefits and Perks
- 4 Weeks paid time off per year (accrual basis)
- Wellness Benefit
- Flexible work hours
- Paid holidays
- Semi-annual bonus structure of up to 10% of base salary
- SIMPLE IRA with company match and immediate vesting
- Healthcare, Vision and Dental insurance coverage with team member premiums paid 100%
- Paid time off for ARE testing and 50% fee reimbursement
Send Us Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields